Business Systems Analyst | Job Id: 1925
Morton Consulting is in the process of interviewing qualified Business Systems Analysts for two immediate openings in Roanoke, Virginia. The selected candidates will be accountable for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs along with gathering business requirements, evaluates existing application products which could address client requirements, identifies functional requirements, determines acceptance criteria and develops recommendations where appropriate.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist.
- Provides assistance and consultation on end-user ad-hoc query and reporting needs.
- Works directly with clients at all levels within the organization and with outside parties to identify functional requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow IT solution proposal development.
- Research and assess business automation and functionality requirements.
- Develop functional specifications for communication to clients and technical staff.
- Interview stake holders, gather requirements and analyze the business problem.
- Ability to work with programmers and come up with data modeling, business process modeling and user inter face design.
- Ability to think creatively about solving business problems.
- Familiarity with various requirement methodologies: use case, UML diagrams, iterative methodologies, is a plus.
- Consult with technical staff on database and technical specifications.
- Develop and maintain project plan and reporting documents.
- Coordinate all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Develop queries and reports using DCS database tools.
- Present training for end-user applications and methodologies to customers
- Act as a liaison between IS and customers.
- Manage product back log, conduct scrum meetings, and facilitate agile development.
- Prioritize product back log with sponsors.
- Work independently with little guidance.
- Take pro-active measures and plan activities in advance
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying timelines independently and deliverables.
- Flexible and able to adapt as part of dynamic business environment.
Strong verbal, writing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and three years experience in related field(s).
- Prefer Masters Degree and/or multidisciplinary education/experience in business systems and process engineering.
- Experience working in a team setting with multiple priorities and tasks, often working under time pressure.
- The employee must have the ability to develop complex written materials and design specifications for automated systems intended to fulfill corporate business requirements.
- Must also be able to follow complex oral and written instructions and use a PC, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Experience working as a Business Systems Analyst in a SCRUM/Agile environment
- Experience working on Software Development efforts following the SDLC
- Experience creating UML Diagrams, Process Flow Documents, ERD Diagrams, Swim Lanes, WBS, and other BSA related documentation
- Experience working with both business users and IT team members
Must have outstanding communications, both oral and written.