Morton Consulting is currently accepting resumes and interviewing candidates for a Help Desk role for a client located in Arlington, Virginia. The ideal candidate will have experience working with both Citrix and Microsoft Exchange, will be comfortable working in a start-up environment, and have experience troubleshooting hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
The Help Desk Technician will be responsible for:
- Assist customers with understanding, using, and troubleshooting hardware and software in a timely manner, while maintaining communication until the issue is resolved.
- Provide technical support for Microsoft Server OS, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Citrix, vSphere, printers, basic networking, and a number of hosted applications.
- Provide technical support for voice/telephony.
- Manage phone calls and email from customers who have an incident or service request.
- Be available for additional after hours support "on call" weekly every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Ensure that customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement, while identifying problems and acting appropriately to resolve issues when they occur.
- Multitask… all day, every day.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation which will be used by both end-users and technical staff.
- Research and support of internal systems.
- Research new products or procedures which help the company become more efficient and profitable.
- Learn and master Microsoft’s Server line of products, VMware’s vSphere line of products, Citrix, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Cisco VoIP and basic networking. Prior knowledge or experience with any of these is a plus.
The ideal candidate:
- A four-year degree (Experience is a plus!)
- Basic understanding of client/server networking, troubleshooting printers and basic network connectivity, etc.
- Knowledge of Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, and basic networking
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange, Terminal Services, Citrix, or VMware