Morton Consulting has an immediate need for a Support Technician for a client located in Richmond, VA. Ideal candidate will be an independent thinker with Tier 1 support experience. Must have hardware/software support experience, and be comfortable working in both a remote and local environment. The right candidate will report directly to the IT Director.
This position is accountable for ensuring usability of computer system services for end users (local and remote) by providing the technical expertise, assistance, and coordination necessary to install and maintain computer software products, modify/repair hardware, and resolve other technical problems.
- Provides hands-on and remote desk-side support for end user technical issues related to desktop hardware, operating system, and supported third party applications.
- Completes work orders such as installing equipment, connecting and moving devices, including workstations, telephony hardware, and peripherals.
- Provides hands-on support for network and server technician when required.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues or escalate complex ones to the appropriate IT Director or third party vendors.
- Serves as first contact for technical issues and assists with technology-related projects when necessary.
Education & Experience:
- Associate or Higher College degree, or equivalent, and some computer training certification.
- Microsoft certification a plus.
- Two to four years of experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Creative thinking and problem solving.
- Ability to communicate and interact successfully with a diverse community and to develop and maintain positive professional relationships with the team.
- PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
- Software troubleshooting skills.
- Printer/fax/copier troubleshooting skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to capture and communicate the context of a situation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with focus in technical or instruction-oriented writing and in clearly communicating complicated concepts over the phone, in person and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and with the team.
- Ability to delve into and achieve understanding of a problem or request in order to offer the most appropriate possible solution and/or make accurate referrals to other service providers as needed.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems and Office productivity products.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments with minimal supervision.