Morton Consulting is in the process of hiring an IT QA Analyst for a customer in Richmond, Virginia. This position is responsible for developing thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure a smooth transition from a development environment to a production environment. Responsible for mentoring lower level staff. Responsible for testing, reviewing and learning medium to complex functionality of software applications developed in house and those purchased from third party vendors. Develop and maintain documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Develops thorough test plans for medium to complex systems to ensure application functionality meets original requirements to project.
- Works closely with software development staff to test and review applications developed in house or purchased from third party vendors prior to installation.
- Becomes knowledgeable of medium to complex business applications systems as they are used within the business department; researches and responds to application inquires.
- Responsible for mentoring lower level staff.
- Develops and maintains documented standards for quality acceptance of software.
- Represents QA department at project meetings.
- Maintains up to date test environment.
- Ensures end user documentation correlates with program functionality.
- Maintains an on going self study program to enhance QA skills and knowledge.
- 6+ years previous experience as a QA Analyst in Managed Care.
- Understanding of business applications and ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical staff. Demonstrated understanding of various QA procedures and products.
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology preferred.
- Bachelor's degree