Morton Consulting has an immediate need for 2 PL/SQL Developers for a customer in Roanoke, Virginia. Both of these roles are 6-month contract positions where selected candidates will be designing, developing, and installing software solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Creates code and unit tests software applications.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Assists in the design of software applications.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Adheres to software development and delivery processes.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication.
- Utilizes creative problem solving skills.
- Prioritizes workload properly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 7 years of software development experience
- Experience working in a waterfall environment
- Advanced Oracle PL/SQL skills
- Working knowledge of the following:
- Visual Basic 6
- ASP.Net MVC
- HTML, CSS, and XML
- C# win-forms
- Crystal Reports