Morton Consulting is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join one of our customer's PMO/Governance Team in Richmond, Virginia. Qualified candidates must have experience managing and providing leadership and guidance to project teams, in both Waterfall and Agile settings. We are also looking for candidates who have a proven track record in positively motivating teams and instilling accountability for on-time and within budget and scope. To be considered for this role, candidates must have a PMP certification.
- Successful track record for defining and implementing process improvement measures within project teams.
- Demonstrated understanding of project portfolio, lifecycle management and agile processes. Demonstrated understanding of governance processes, procedures and policies.
- Demonstrated competence in identifying risk areas and proactively mitigating the risks.
- Ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing priorities, embracing the changes to provide leadership ad guidance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong technical and functional understanding of MS Project (Project Server experience, a plus), SharePoint.
- Familiar with Agile values, principles, processes and methods.
- Experience on a variety of Scrum teams (size, culture, co-located, etc.), is a plus