QA Analyst | Job Id: 1918
Morton Consulting is in the process of considering qualified candidates for multiple QA Analyst openings available with a client in Richmond, VA.
- Test software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
- Collaborate with project team members in application testing, to include system, unit, regression, load, and user acceptance testing.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
- Assist in the development of change control processes, best practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
- Automate existing manual test cases and promote the use of re-usable objects for functional and regression testing. Promote the use and acceptance of test automation tools.
- Identify and implement processes that minimize production defects and decrease the time required to test applications and backend processes.
- Lead efforts to identify defects and direct defect management and tracking to ensure proper follow-through and resolution of issues.
- Completes all responsibilities as outlined on annual Performance Plan.
- Completes all special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Extensive experience with core software applications, including Microsoft web, client/server applications and file import processing.
- Experience with HP testing tools (Quality Center, Quick Test Pro and LoadRunner). Certification preferred.
- High level experience writing SQL queries in the support of backend testing.
- Experience testing ETL processes.
- Solid proficiency in test effort estimation and tracking.
- Must have hands-on experience and be well versed with Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in defect tracking and management using defect tracking tools.
- Experience involving the development and maintenance of test automation constructs to support QA initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
- Strong data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with statistical reporting and analysis.
- In-depth knowledge of MS SQL Server.
- Experience working with data in a Healthcare environment.
- 5 years experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release.
- 10 years experience in the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, business administration or equivalent work experience.