Morton Consulting is in search of a Scrum Master for our client in Richmond, VA. The selected candidate will be responsible to provide servant leadership and mentorship to Scrum Teams. Scrum Masters will also provide reports including but not be limited to velocity, backlog health, and Burnup/Burndown to management and stakeholders. The Scrum Master will assist the team in understanding impediments, facilitate team efforts to remove barriers and report to management and Scrum teams on these obstacles. Assist in agile maturity self-assessments and work with the team/individuals on continuous improvements. Host Scrum ceremonies (planning, retrospective, review/demo, and daily scrum), help product owner with grooming, and organize other project related activities and deliverables. This position may also require management of non-agile projects at times.
- Agile servant leader on 1-3 teams facilitating ceremonies appropriately (eg. sprint planning, reviews, retrospectives, grooming, project kick-offs, etc).
- Help teams to develop release/sprint goals, estimates, day-to-day tasking, etc. in order to increase velocity and productivity.
- Experience enough to providing some agile coaching to performers, product owners, managers, etc.
- Engage the business during sprints, Kanban periods, projects, etc. in order to reduce the amount of rework after the launch of a new product rollout.
- Promote delivery of incremental business value aligned with strategic initiatives in order to increase community satisfaction of services.
- Challenge team members to provide exceptional support to both external and internal customers.
- Responsible for doing project management jobs as required (scope, deadlines, budget, quality, capacity, resource utilization, metrics, etc). Serve as the central point of contact for all activities related to the project management process.
- Ability to recognize issues and help teams to hold themselves accountable.
- Serve as a champion and source of knowledge to help teams continuously improve in agile maturity, quality, metrics and other key organizational areas.
- Encourage teams to participate in cross-team sharing of efforts, better practices, etc.
- Involve fellow team members in collaborative decisions based upon business feedback.
- Promote a safe environment where teams can communicate their ideas and opinions openly and clearly.
- Encourage team members to look for continuous improvement and innovation opportunities.
- Engage in departmental improvement activities in the creation and monitoring of key process improvement measurements and customer satisfaction.
2 years of experience as a Scrum Master or 5+ years of experience in project management, software quality assurance, or systems analysis
- Strong working knowledge of Agile practices.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse personality types to promote census-building.
- Ability to coach teams as a servant leader to reach their highest potential.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum terminology and Agile methodology. (Burnup-Burndown, Backlog, Stories, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience with Scrum Ceremonies to include planning, retrospective, review/demo, grooming, and daily scrum.
- Ability to multi-task and handle numerous assignments simultaneously.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to take initiative.
- Establish clear goals with success metrics and measurements using proven data analysis, data verification and problem solving abilities
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- A proven process thinker seeking productivity and exceptional service.
- Customer centric with well-developed business acumen.
- Ability to work well both in a team environment and independently.
- Must have a professional, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Effective meeting facilitation and excellent listening and feedback skills.
- Microsoft Office required, VersionOne, TFS, Rally, and JIRA preferred.
- .NET, C++, Java, and SQL preferred.
- Experience leading and organization through transition (waterfall to agile/scrum is best).
- Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
- Ability to provide some technical guidance.
- 4-year degree in Information Technology or related field. Master’s degree a plus.