Morton Consulting has an awesome opportunity available in the Innsbrook office park for a Scrum Master. The selected candidate will join a team full of talented and professional experts in their field all focused around designing, building, and supporting world-class applications serving customers throughout the United States. This is a contract opportunity where the selected Scrum Master will play a key role in managing deliverable-based enhancements and improvements to an Enterprise application. Interested candidates should have at least 5 years of experience in managing project teams in an Agile/Scrum environment focused on the development of web based applications. Candidates must possess outstanding communications skills to coordinate work efforts with associates across multiple locations.
- Drives projects and coordinates efforts of matrix teams
- Critical Thinking and the ability to solve problems in a team environment
- Ability to meet with individuals at any level throughout any organization, whether internal or external, to communicate technical items to a non-technical audience, provide project status, or interpret needs of the business for new systems development or enhancement efforts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead teams with confidence. Strong experience collaborating and working directly with all levels of an organization
- Ability to consume requirements in the form of User Stories to determine level of effort and direct team of developers to meet delivery dates.
- Experience MS Project, Jira and similar project management tools to track milestones, create schedules, and update status.
- Can guide conformance to process and contribute to process improvement
- Works well individually as well as with others
- Over 5 years of experience managing simultaneous projects while driving successful delivery according to scope, schedule and budget
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or another related field of study
- Certified Scrum Master Certification is preferred
- Agile / Scrum experience is required – ability to consume User Stories and determine level of effort and assist in directing work
- Ideal candidate would be an individual with a development or technical background who has transitioned into Project Management.
- Experience managing projects focused around highly technical Web Application Development, Web Services and Retail systems – Point of Sales (POS) is ideal.
- Previous hands-on experience in software development or architecture (formally a programmer or developer)
- Previous retail or financial experience, high transactional website experience
- Technical background is required, customers environment consists of Java, AngularJS, and DB2 along with many other technologies and operating systems.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and confidence with teammates, business users, vendors, and stakeholders
- Experience with Jira is highly preferred