Morton Consulting has an immediate need for a Senior Business Analyst for a customer in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Senior Business Analyst will be a part of our customer's Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) where they will discover and document collective knowledge by gathering, analyzing, and managing business requirements for multiple concurrent programs, projects, and other associated efforts.
Qualified candidates should have 10+ years of experience in Business Analysis and should be an individual who can ensure that the requirements of business clients are captured correctly before a solution is developed and/or implemented.
Management and Communication:
- Detailing and communicating all requirements in a Business Requirements Document
- Developing a Requirements Management Plan and disseminating it to all stakeholders.
- Managing conflicts, issues, and changes to maintain agreement on solution scope.
Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring; Solution Assessment and Validation:
- Identifying sources of requirements and understanding how roles help determine relative validity of requirements.
- Selecting appropriate business analysis techniques for the effort.
- Estimating levels of effort for business analysis tasks.
- Understanding how present and future business needs impact solution.
- Identifying gaps in solutions and helping define acceptance criteria for completion of solution.
- Assembling and presenting information to management-level positions, as necessary.
- Contributing to Risk Register, Risk Management Plan, and Issue Log, as managed by Program Manager (PM), including by providing any necessary analysis and escalation recommendations.
- Creating or contributing to Testing Strategy.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on Test Plan.
- Creating or contributing to Training Strategy and Plan.
- Assisting with Quality Assurance Testing, as necessary.
- Coordinating User Acceptance Testing, as necessary.
- Assisting in end-user training coordination and development, as necessary.
- Assisting in production verification and initial support for end-users, as necessary.
- Providing back-up support to PM, as necessary.
- Providing light PM functions on smaller, operational, or consultative efforts, as necessary when a PM is not otherwise assigned.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of the ePMO, which will include duties such as capturing detailed minutes of key meetings, including project team meetings, and facilitating meetings as necessary.
- Performing other reasonably related or administrative duties as assigned, including providing status updates to the Lead BA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Excellent ability to think and respond quickly and effectively to unfamiliar subjects or scenarios, including through asking relevant questions and conducting appropriate research.
- Excellent relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Effective ability to find pertinent information online or through other references.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively at all layers of the organization.
- BA/BS required in Project Management practice or equivalent working experience.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) designation required or equivalent certification.
- 10+ years of experience as a BA required.
- Previous experience as a BA on software development projects required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Word, MS Visio, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel required.
- Skills in MS SharePoint and MS Outlook preferred.
- Skills in Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Solution applications / tools preferred.
- Previous experience with client-facing roles required.