Morton Consulting is in the process of considering qualified candidates for a new opening in Maryland Heights, Missouri for a Senior Business Intelligence Specialist. The selected candidate will analyze, design the framework for and participates in the development of business intelligence reports and other informational objects. The primary focus of the position deals with Information Delivery and Data Analytic projects. Evaluates and recommends system and software to meet the business and support needs of the organization and establishes standards for those tools. A multi-talented candidate is a plus and there is a particular interest is working knowledge of Informatica to compliment expert knowledge in Cognos Report Studio and Framework Manager v10.
- Provides engineering and architectural leadership to multiple, cross-disciplinary projects. May lead a small team of developers.
- Researches, finds, and evaluates new technology. Determines the best technologies to use for our environment considering future direction, risk, consistency and R.O.I.. Takes into account the technology changes have taken place over the years, and helps project the trends for the future.
- Trains and mentors programming staff on use of new technologies.
- Creates frameworks to provide accurate information quickly to the organization. Analyze, design and build reports and assists in the creation of data marts as needed.
- Establishes standards. Coordinates between teams to make sure best technology practices are understood and are being followed.
- Conducts code reviews of highly critical code or code which is using new technologies.
- Maintains constant communication with customers, internal and external, to facilitate analysis and troubleshooting for production issues. Ensures the highest levels of customer satisfaction with the data integration solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.Requirements/Certifications:
- This position is to work with a reporting team that has projects with our Specialty Pharmacy area. The candidate must be highly skilled in Cognos10 BI Tool Suite, including Framework Manager, Metrics Designer.
- Must possess business analyst and communication skills for working with peers and business stakeholders.
- Proficient in working with Netezza, Oracle, MS SQL Server databases and well versed with RDBMS concepts (Constraints, Referential Integrity, Normalization, Slowly changing dimensions).
- Must have experience creating Dashboards, drill through reports, charts and graphs via Cognos.
- Must have experience in working with and setting up security for Cognos that will be externally facing.
- Experience with Informatica as an ETL tool a plus.
- Must have strong SQL skills.
- Must be familiar/comfortable with in-memory visualization tools like Tableau and/or Qlikview including scripting, using qvds, section access.
- Prior experience as a report programmer/ETL specialist in support of large-scale data warehouse and reporting projects (2TB and above).
- Experience leading and guiding teams of 3-5 technical members.
- Experience researching and implementing new technological solutions in a business setting. Prefer experience using multiple databases and tools and using leading or bleeding edge technologies.
- Familiarity with a broad range of database and Business Intelligence environments IBM Cognos, Oracle and SQL Server database being required.
- Working, hands-on knowledge of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts, including various forms of modeling (dimensional and relational) and warehousing strategies.
- The ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies while considering the business needs and direction.
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience working in a Agile/Scrum environment