Morton Consulting is in the process of supporting an immediate need for a Senior Desktop Operations Analyst in Omaha, Nebraska. The Senior Desktop Operations Analyst will be responsible for the deployment, maintenance, monitoring, analysis and resolution of the equipment, both physical and virtual, that delivers the end user access to the digital content provided by our customer. A Senior Desktop Operations Analyst must be familiar with a variety of cloud system concepts, ITIL practices, and procedures, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, performing a variety of complicated tasks, with expectations to have a wide degree of creativity and latitude. A Senior Desktop Operations Analyst may lead and direct the work with more junior resources.
- Build, manage and support workstations that include but are not limited to desktops, laptops, thin clients, and persistent virtual workstations.
- Deliver and maintain cloud solutions through Citrix Xen App including support for Xen Desktop, Real Enterprise Solutions (RES), and App-V.
- Engage vendors on implementing and maintaining collaboration equipment for conference rooms, video conferencing, telephones, printing, scanning, etc.
- Respond to more complex incidents and service requests generated through the customer Service Desk that require technical support agnostic to the location of the ticket recipient.
- Keep end users apprised of progress for their tickets, ensuring all tickets are resolved within SLA and to the associate’s satisfaction.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining documentation in the knowledge management portal for all resources to leverage.
- Participate in the OnCall rotation to support business needs for high severity incidents and requirements beyond normal operating business hours.
- 5+ years of desktop operations, user support, or service engineer experience.
- Experience working with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012.
- Must possess strong root cause analysis skills for troubleshooting production issues.
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results within a multi-task work environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
- Experience working with Citrix is preferred but not required.
- Experience with software management tools (LanDesk or SCCM as an example) is a plus.
- Associate degree in Computer Science or related field of study, or Computer repair certification (aka A+ certification) or related field of certification Or 5+ years of work experience.