Senior ETL Developer | Job Id: 1808
Morton Consulting is in the process of interviewing candidates in consideration for a Senior ETL Developer opportunity in Richmond, Virginia. The selected resource will be responsible for the design, development and ongoing maintenance of high quality ETL solutions according to established timelines that implement business and technical requirements as defined by the business need.
- Follows direction as set by the ETL Development Lead when developing ETL solutions.
- Works with all functional areas of the Data Warehouse team in designing, testing and implementing ETL solutions.
- Responsible for the analysis, design, development, testing and maintenance of ETL solutions.
- Participates in unit testing and data quality efforts within assigned data domain.
- Adheres to established development standards as defined by the ETL management team. This includes coding standards, version control practices, code reviews, and the creation and versioning of ETL documentation artifacts.
- Participates in Production On-call rotation in support of Data Warehouse batch load activities.
- Responsible for producing key project deliverables within established delivery dates as established by the Project Management team.
- Functions cooperatively within a team framework in for both project development and ongoing production support.
- Experience working with SQL Server database systems, including stored procedures creation and knowledge of SSIS is required.
- Experience working with Oracle databases is preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant general Information Technology experience required or experience in the Insurance Industry.
- 5+ Year’s proven experience and knowledge in Data Management, Data Movement and software development.
- Must have a thorough knowledge and proven experience in developing ETL solutions utilizing Informatica (preferably version 8.6.1 or higher).
- Experience working with both Oracle and Sql Server database systems is preferred.
- Must possess strong root cause analysis skills for troubleshooting production run-time issues.
- Proven experience with SDLC methodologies including creation of quality detail design documentation and thorough unit test planning skills.
- Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results within a multi-task work environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment with internal and external partners.
- Experience working in the Insurance industry is preferred but not required.
- Advanced college degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business or related work experience/certification.