Senior Software Developer | Job Id: 1915
Morton Consulting has an opening for a Senior Java/J2EE developer located in St. Louis, MO. The position is a part of a Applications development team, which is responsible for developing and maintaining applications to support the business functions of the organization. US Citizenship or Green Card is required.
- Requirements gathering, design, development, testing and documentation
- Develop end-to-end designs for the web interfaces, reporting and analysis components of projects
- Provide advice and guidance on appropriate applications, reports and analysis architecture
- Develop Web portals, applications and other user interface components to facilitate the user interface to Business Intelligence resources
- Assist Decision Support team members: DBAs, database developers, requirements analysts, and others, in understanding data and meeting user requirements
- Participate in project work groups with Subject Matter Experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs
- Participate in performance tuning activities
- Provide production deployment and production support as needed.
- Candidate will be responsible for analyzing and converting business requirements to technical requirements, followed by designing and implementing the solutions.
- Candidate will be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle
- Demonstrate abilities to learn both the business processes as well as new and existing technologies.
- Candidate shall understand the fundamentals of three-tier architecture and have hands-on experience with implementing applications using some popular frameworks (i.e. Spring, Struts, Hibernate).
- Candidate will work in a team environment, but must be able to produce with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience (focus in technical field a plus, for example: engineering, mathematics, statistics, computer science or related field) plus at least five years of professional experience.
- Strong programming/development and coding skills
- Excellent analytic and design skills
- Detail oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to analyze complex and large amounts of data
- Experience with Java, JEE/J2EE, Spring, Struts
- Oracle experience to include knowledge of queries and SQL.
WebSphere, Web Services (SOAP, RESTful), Hibernate and SOA (preferred)