Morton Consulting is in search of a Software Engineer for our client in the Richmond, VA area. The selected candidate will be responsible for technical analysis, database design, prototyping, coding and unit testing of applications with high quality deliverables. Assist with application architecture design. Responsible for writing technical documentation as necessary by the Enterprise Development Methodology and Standards. Responsible for the security, quality, and performance of developed applications. Apply and acquire business and product knowledge in the performance of assigned projects. Provide direct input into the on-going improvement of standards and processes. Incorporate innovative ideas and approaches to the software development team.
• Write application and database codes based on business requirements or user stories, architectural requirements, and established coding standards.
• Participate in the review of business epics and stories.
• Validate code against business and architectural requirements.
• Create and test prototypes.
• Perform application unit testing.
• Participate in peer code reviews.
• Troubleshoot applications and resolve defects.
• Work within an agile framework.
• Prioritize and execute tasks.
• Communicate ideas in both technical and user friendly language.
• Update and maintain product documentation.
• Escalate issues and impediments in a timely manner.
• Work within established framework and processes.
• Provide constructive feedback to team members at all levels of the organization.
• Participate/Lead Development COPs.
• Participate in SE COPs, research committees, and subcommittees.
• Participate in test and code reviews.
• Design, build, and test applications and database solutions.
• Assist the release engineer with implementation plans.
• Provide on call support as needed.
• Utilize skills in data analysis, data verification, and problem solving.
• Provide accurate breakdown tasks and estimates for coding and development unit testing efforts.
• Mentor team members.
• Assist with technical interviews and talent recruitment.
• Hold team accountable for agile framework.
• Other duties as directed.
• Must have a demonstrated proficiency in an object oriented programming language.
• Strong knowledge of team-oriented and collaborative working environments.
• Must have a demonstrated knowledge of software design and development principles.
• Proven ability in relational database design and development principles.
• Understanding of Agile methodology principles preferred.
• Software configuration management skills desired.
• Continuous integration and deployment knowledge is a plus.
• Mobile development skills preferred.
• Responsive and/or adaptive design knowledge a plus.
• UI/UX principles desired.
• Active participation in the technical community desired.
• API development experience a plus.
• MVC/pattern proficiency a plus.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Excellent listening and feedback skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and consensus-building skills.
• Excellent verbal, telephone, and written communication skills.