Morton Consulting is in the process of looking for a Sr. Developer / Automated Test Engineer for an exciting project with one of our customers in Richmond, Virginia. The Sr. Developer / Automated Test Engineer will serve as an interface point with the customer customer to ensure that the planning and execution of test activities are congruent across the program. As an Sr. Developer / Automated Test Engineer, you will define the test strategy and frameworks for validating transaction updates and exception processing that may include a 100+ consuming applications focused on system level processing. As such, you must be able to engineer and define automated test concepts that be communicated and consumed by others. You will identify acceptance criteria, test environment and test readiness requirements, develop automated testing scripts, conduct testing activities using automated and/or custom-built testing tools, and provide status of testing in the course of a 2-week Sprint cycles. You may be engaged in any or all the following activities: developing and executing test cases, verification of system capabilities and system enhancements or changes, script development, requirements verification, performance testing, regression testing, high availability testing, end user testing, system and software level integration troubleshooting, test plans, test reports, root-cause analyzes, and security certification compliance testing. You will have the opportunity to perform backend data validation and interface operability verification, and to coordinate across project teams for information gathering and sharing required to perform testing activities.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute on an individual basis as well as demonstrate your strengths as a team player. You will:
- Work closely with the application architects to develop a solid testing solution framework based on proven automated test concepts, working towards the future state of the application architecture that includes automated testing for continuous integration;
- Lead complex test automation efforts using Cucumber/Selenium and Java for large Agile software projects;
- Develop automated test scripts for new features based on acceptance criteria and user stories during each development Sprint;
- Develop, implement, document, and monitor best practices for test automation developers across Scrum teams;
- Communicate automation goals, priorities, and status across the organization;
- Identify innovative solutions to solve complex test problems;
- Assist in the training/mentoring of team members, including testers, developers, and business analysts in automated testing concept and patterns;
- Partner with Agile Release Train to plan for new functionality, resolve defects, and incorporate error injection test methodologies;
- Define automated test criteria to be used to determine which functionality should be automated;
- Develop automated test for all functionality that meets the specified automation criteria.
- 10 years of experience with Quality Assurance and Testing.
- Demonstrated experience with defining automated testing suites to perform at the enterprise level
- 3+ years defining and implementing automated test concepts to one or more teams
- Strong understanding of SOAP/REST Web services.
- 4+ years hands on experience with SOAPUI, writing automated test validation scripts for SOAP/REST Web Services.
- Strong understanding of JSON and XML scripting.
- 2+ years writing automated validation scripts using Java and derivative languages
- Working knowledge of Gherkin desired.
- Strong ‘hands on’ experience developing software tests for functional, performance, and regression testing that include automated, ad-hoc, and manual testing elements;
- Strong ‘hands on’ experience with building reusable, quality test data sets leverage by automated tests
- 2+ years’ experience with agile development (preferably SAFe), DevOps, Behavior Driven Development;
- Knowledge and experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice, Tools and trends; Experience with Maven desired.
- Good understanding of QA methodology – test plans, test cycles, and software releases;
- Experience with defect management and tracking tools
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field of study.