Systems Analyst | Job Id: 1908
Morton Consulting is in the process of hiring for a Systems Analyst in Richmond, Virginia. The selected Systems Analyst will under limited guidance plan, design, configure, implement, and support efficient business, financial, and operations systems. The Systems Analyst gathers and analyzes data related to business processes and workflows in order to build business requirements, and will also participate in the design of solutions, development of systems and user acceptance testing, and end-user training. The Systems Analyst also focuses on expanding their own technical knowledge of the applications (both internally developed programs and applications and third party packages), system interfaces, integrations, and infrastructure that comprise the business solutions so they can build overall team knowledge and expertise.
- Design, development, implementation, configuration and maintenance of internally developed programs and vendor packages (primarily supporting Accounting & Finance general ledger, accounts payable and ancillary systems).
- Focus on medium scale projects or sub-projects of larger projects within application area.
- Verifies business systems solutions by creating test plans and conducts unit and integration testing in conjunction with the user community.
- Creation, maintenance, and delivery of end-user and systems documentation.
- Involved with implementation schedules and change control in regard to application area.
- Must be able to trouble–shoot production issues both during and outside of traditional work hours.
- Provide after-hours quarter and year-end closing support, as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation defined by team.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on technical experience.
- Experience with financial packages (i.e. Lawson Financial suite, SunGard ICMS, Princeton Asset Management (PAM), Charles River Compliance, etc.) is highly desired.
- A strong understanding of relational database structures and database scripting (Oracle, SQL Server preferred)
- Development experience using Microsoft Development Software (i.e. Microsoft .Net, VB, VB.net, C++, etc.), Centura is desired
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to communicate technical information in a business friendly manner.
- Familiar with Project Management methodology and SDLC.
- High aptitude for learning new tools and skills quickly.